Learning, volunteering and working
Do you want to learn new things? Do you want to volunteer or get a job?
Learning something new, or developing skills you already have, is great to boost your confidence and prepare you for volunteering or paid employment.
We support people to attend one-off courses, attend a college course or to complete an apprenticeship. We can support you to attend any type of course or training you choose.
If your goal is to get a paid job, we can support you with that too!
You may have a particular interest or skill that you would like to develop or want to try something completely new.
We can help you find local opportunities, support you through the application process and support you to get settled in your new role.
Our fantastic job coaches will help you to:
- Work out what sort of job you would like
- Think about what training you might need and where to find it
- Write a CV that will be interesting to employers
- Find jobs and apply for those you like the look of
- Prepare for interviews
- Make an application for funding for equipment or support, if you will need any, including through Access to Work
- Prepare for going to work, which may include visits and ‘tasters’
- Plan how you will travel to work, including travel training
- Apply for a bus pass!