Are you thinking about your life after your 18th birthday?
This is a really important time! It can be very exciting but might be daunting too as you plan what you want to do with your life.
We can support you in your planning and encourage and empower you to develop your skills and independence.
We can support your family and circle of support through the challenges of navigating the system and arranging funding and housing.
We suggest that a good time to start planning is at age 14 and that the earlier you start thinking, the better!
Many young people who have come to Aspire’s Youth Club or Short Breaks activities choose to be supported by Aspire once they become adults. This can be in your family home, in single or shared housing.
- Support you through transition when you return home from residential college, including liaison with your college staff team
- Help you find your own home, either on your own or in a shared house with friends
- Support you into training, volunteering or employment opportunities
- Help you learn to manage your money and understand what you are entitled to
- Provide advice and guidance to you and your family or circle of support to plan for a safe and secure future